Monday, March 12, 2007

Immortal

We are God’s middle children. Born into Man’s middle ages. Too late for heroes and rock stars. Too soon for eternal salvation.

There are no more world’s to be found, no more ocean’s to be navigated. The mountains have been vanquished, the skies conquered. The virgin forests have all been raped.

Where do we go from here? How do we find the light when we have forgotten the feel of darkness on our skin, in our souls?

How will we live, when man cures death?

I hurt myself just to feel alive. Like a lens focusing, the pain brings my existence to life. But it’s not enough. It’s never enough.

I want to run, the wind in my face, the devil behind me. I want to run, reckless abandonment in my stride and the exhilaration of fear in my veins. I want war, I want rebellion.

I want to die, but only as an immortal.

No comments: