Monday, March 12, 2007

Writer's Bloc

I want to write. The ink flows freely, but the words do not.

I’m so ugly. But that’s ok, cuz so are you.

What do I say? How do I begin? This moment is the difference between genius, and a life wasted.

This, is Sparta.

The moment of creation, of birth. Everything could change tonight, if only the world would shift a little to the left.

I stand on the brink of greatness. And mediocrity. Tonight, is the difference.

Tonight, we die in hell.

Glory. Or eternal night. I can see the fork, but which one will my pen take?

One word, that’s all I need. A revelation.

Yea.

I can sense what is not yet here. I just have to dip into the stream and fish it out. But I cannot.

I need to write. I feel the night steal away, taking my destiny with it.

If I go crazy, will you still call me Superman?

How can you fear something that does not exist?

A portal into another dimension. A place where our thoughts have a life of their own. A stolen glimpse.

Sweet dreams are made of these.

It flickers. The trick is to watch with your eyes wide shut.

The creatures that live there are calling out to me. It hurts. It festers. It keeps me awake, and rules my dreams. It chokes me.

What kind of thought are you?

And still I wait for the word. A revelation.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

tonite we 'dine' in hell.

on_trial said...

Yes, I know. Poetic licence :)

It's not meant to be a collection of quotes, it's meant to evoke a feeling. So I changed the words where necessary, to suit my own purposes :)

Anonymous said...

You'll be glad to know, now we have flow :)
- Always_on_trial from Insta <.3