Saturday, March 19, 2016

34 and a Day

i’m glad to be me
there’s no one else i’d rather be
it’s taken me 34 years and a day
to feel this way
but when the reward is this great
time is a small price to pay

i know others have consciousness 
just like me
but are they as conscious 
of how awesome it is to see?
i know i didn’t use to be
until love came to me

it has found me
in many forms, at many times
sometimes as pills and smoke and wine
sometimes as lines

but through it all,
there is this stillness within me
that is as close as i have ever come
to being free

i used to be quiet
now i often talk too much
but that core inside
doesn’t subside
never retires
until maybe
i expire?

my friends and i
we have started talking about old age now
and not in a mocking manner
the questions are real now
and the worry somehow grander

but despite it all,
there is a wonder within me
a wide-eyed boy inside
who can only count to three

Prav is how i sign off now
though i’ve been called jojo, pravs and pavee
perhaps i’m also an avi
or am i really not all that savvy?

i’m 34 and a day
but i think i’m just learning how to play :)

No comments: