Thursday, November 29, 2007

H.A.T.E.

I hate the world, for all its people
And life, for its emptiness.
Work, for its pretensions
And God, for his followers.

I hate love, for its lies
And justice, for its keepers.
History, for our teachers
Religion, for the preachers.
Nights, for the insomnia
Day, for its length.
Friends for their absence
And doctors for their smell.
Relatives for their transparency
Children for their cruelty.

I hate time, for its elasticity.

Tragedies, for the comic-relief.
Bullies, for their fear
Movies, for the actors
Television, for the serials
Books, for the envy.

Smoking, for the smokers
Drinking, for the mornings-after

Jesus, for Paul
Ram, for Sita.
Faith, for its certainty
Music, for my inability.

Most of all, I hate me. For me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How the hell is one supposed to appreciate this one ?? It's a lose-lose situation... but for what it's worth, classy stuff.

on_trial said...

That's exactly how one would like to be appreciated ;)