Thursday, June 29, 2006

“I wanted to clear our misunderstanding…”

The pain shot through me like an arrow. An intense, searing arrow straight to my heart. ‘This can’t be right’ I thought, as I turned to face her. That misused, shriveled up mass of hard lead shouldn’t have been able to feel anything. And yet it did.

The initial shock gives way to numbness as further words assail my ears. A twist here, a shove there, a delicate slice elsewhere – the conversation progresses.

Not that I didn’t have my part to play. But the numbness had spread to my mind by then.

“So yea. I just thought you should know how I feel. Goodbye.”

She left, leaving me on my knees, bleeding. From the kitchen knife sunk in my chest.

..................................................................................

I wrote this quite a while back. To those who know what I'm talking about, this has nothing to do with recent events. If anything, I am the one left holding the knife today.

2 comments:

Antony Cruz said...

hey mama, lets make a short out of this. its awesome.

Antony Cruz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.